May 20, 2012
Comfort, dryness, durability and style are important characteristics for women’s workout clothes. The best workout clothes are designed to work with the natural curves of a woman’s body for ease of movement during all styles of exercise. Bright colors and different fabrics can make workout clothes more appealing than the traditional T-shirt and shorts. Ladies, it’s OK to be cute while working out. In fact, I suggest it. Here are 10 of the best workout clothing items.
- Brooks Viva Jacket- One of the latest fitness trends is the short-sleeved performance jacket. They're perfect for covering up when going to and from the gym and they're also great for layering when it's chilly outside, but you don't want to get too hot from your workout. This cute, sporty version is made of soft moisture-wicking nylon and it has a ribbed waist and cuffs. It's comfortable and --get this--even has an interior MP3 chest pocket.
- Nike Seamless Half-Zip Top for Women- This long-sleeved pullover is a must if you're exercising in cold weather. Made of Dri-FIT fabric, it keeps sweat away from your skin, which makes cold weather exercise more comfortable. Are you ready for an “I love it moment”? Besides the fact that it's comfortable and flattering, it even includes thumb holes to keep your hands warm. It's almost like having built-in mittens, but you can easily fold them over if you don't want to use them. This could easily become a favorite for chilly workouts.
- Brooks Pacer Support Tank-This lightweight, flattering tank is perfect for warm-weather workouts or a low-impact class at the gym. The T-shaped back offers great support, along with the built-in support bra, and the light, breathable fabric keeps the sweat away from your body. There's an invisible pocket in back for your ID or keys. This bra is perfect for smaller-chested ladies involved in moderate-impact workouts.
- Yoga Capri Pants - These comfy, drapey capri pants are perfect for yoga class or for almost any light exercise. They're flattering and they stay in place during almost any yoga pose.
- Adidas Supernova Running Skort- Running skorts are one of the best inventions for women's exercise in my opinion. They're comfortable, flattering and you get to exercise while feeling stylish. They're light and the inner shorts don't ride up, which can be a problem with some skorts. The moisture-wicking fabric keeps you cool and dry and there's no uncomfortable chafing.
- Smarty Pants- We've all had moments in the gym or during outdoor workouts when we wished we had a little more coverage. Enter Smarty Pants, underwear made specifically for exercisers to provide comfort and coverage. Their lightweight, and can fit under just about anything and help keep sweat away from your body.
Like what you're reading? Join Made Woman Mag's mailing list for updates, special promotions and more. Click here!
- Merrell Savannah Sandals- These lightweight, sporty sandals will make you fall in love. They're comfortable and can handle just about any activity you can think of - walking, post-workout dinner or even light hiking. In fact, any Merrell shoe is a good choice because they last a long time. And they are super cute!
- Avia Women’s Running Shoes- Avia running shoes are consistently rated number one when it comes to supportive running shoes for women. Avia makes these shoes specifically for a woman's foot, so you won't have as many problems with slipping heels or gigantic toe boxes. If you've had trouble finding comfortable running shoes, try a pair of Avias - it will change your workouts. I promise!
- Thorlo Socks- Aside from your shoes, socks are the second most important thing you'll wear during your workout. Thorlo makes some of the best, high-quality socks out there for any activity. These socks are pricey, but that last for years and through thousands of washings.
- Brooks Viva Capris- If you like form-fitting workout pants, these capris are both flattering and comfortable. Made of moisture-wicking nylon, these capris are light enough to wear during almost any outdoor workout. The fabric holds its shape, so these pants won't sag no matter how active you get. I love the comfortable, flat waistband and find they're great for running or walking on cooler days.
The saying is true: no pain, no gain. But nobody ever said you have to look dumpy while working out. Try some of these stylish yet functional workout looks and you’ll turn heads while you tone up!